Friday 16 October 2015

Audience Profile - Becca

After receiving the survey  results, I discovered that the age group 17-20 is my primary target market and therefore started to focus my audience research on individuals rather than just a large group. I asked my friend Rebecca if I could ask her questions which will help me with the production of my video and develop a further understanding of what exactly my target audience would like to see. 

Rebecca with Matthew Healy (frontman of The 1975) after their Glasgow gig 
Rebecca is a 17 year old who lives in Glasgow, Scotland and is an avid lover of music, she spends her free time listening to music and going to gigs.

What's your favourite genre of music?

Definitely Indie Rock and Alternative. 

Currently, who are your favourite bands and artists?

Right now my favourite bands are definitely The 1975, Catfish and the Bottlemen, Arctic Monkeys, PEACE, Swim Deep, The libertines, SLAVES and Zibra. However, I also like artists such as Lorde, RAT BOY and Jamie T!

As our music video is a song from The 1975, as a fan, what would you expect to see in a video of theirs? 

I'd expect to see a developed narrative which relates to what the song is about. 

What is your all time favourite music video and why?

My all time favourite music video is 'Robbers' by The 1975. It's my favourite because of the storyline which is based on one of my favourite movies, True Romance. Also, the video grips you from the start until the end and therefore allows you to form an emotional connection with the characters.

What are your thoughts on the concept for 'milk'?

I think that 'milk' has a very strong, gripping concept and as a fan of the song and the band, I could absolutely see The 1975 creating a video like that as it fits their aesthetic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment