Friday 23 October 2015

Interview and Profile

Cast Interview - Oceana Manicom - Young Female

After receiving a casting response from Oceana, we decided to ask her a few questions regarding her prospects for the music video. We explained our ideas and expectations beforehand so she would be familiar with exactly what she would be doing. Oceana is an 18 year old girl, who is currently studying hairdressing at FE college. She has always had a love and enjoyment for acting, and from the interview it isn't hard to determine that she wants to channel this in the music video. We will provide her with appropriate clothing on the day of shooting, and ask her schedule for the upcoming weeks so we can plan the shooting days on the days the actors are free. This avoids disruption or absence due to prior engagements the actors have which disables them to film the video.

 Why do you want to fulfil this role in our music video?

I think this is a very exciting opportunity for me, and since I want to be involved in acting in any
way possible, this is not only what I love to do but would be an excellent addition to my experiences n this industry. I love a new challenge, and featuring in a music video is something I've never done before.

 What do you think you can bring, as the role of a young female who's recently became involved with drugs?

I'd love to bring some emotion into it, and as you can assume getting involved in drugs is no walk in the park, I want to show the audience that drug-use shouldn't be glamourised. Also, the fact that it's a challenging role showing real situations is extremely appealing to me as I get the chance to portray such an character which needs a sense of emotional distress.

3) Would you say you are adaptable to an array of situations, such as portraying a characters demise or lip syncing certain lyrics?

I have a lot of acting experience, which stemmed up to a years study of performing arts at A-Level. I thoroughly enjoy the subject meaning I am much more comfortable portraying anything I am challenged too. A characters demise or lip syncing should not be a problem at all.

What can you bring to the role which other candidates cant?

I'd like to think I am much more versatile than others and can easily adapt to certain roles or situations.

Since our song is by The 1975, what is your opinion on our concept after reading the treatment sheet?
I think it's very interesting and is something that hasn't really been shown before. Music videos you see on TV don't usually have such a touching concept or important message behind them, so by portraying drug-use in a devastating way, it enables the audience to learn something from the video whilst also enjoying the sounds from The 1975.

We decided to select Oceana as the character of the young female, as she seems perfect for the role and can bring emotion and sentiment to the music video. We emailed her back informing her of the news.


No comments:

Post a Comment