Saturday 24 October 2015

Interview and Profile

Cast Interview - Roy Stephenson - Drug dealer

 After reciveing a casting response from Roy Stephenson, we decided to ask him a few questions regarding his prospects for the video. We explained our idea and expectations beforehand so that he would know exactly what he had to do and was already familiar with our concept prior to the interview. Roy is a 17 year old boy who currently studies Performing arts and Music studies at A-Level at Hartlepool Sixth Form college. He has a passion for acting and wants to pursue a career in theatre after he leaves his college. If we were to choose him for the role, we would provide him with appropriate clothing and ask his upcoming schedule so that we can plan shooting days accordingly to the actors availability. Although the character is in it for approximately 5 seconds, the actual filming process takes longer as it might take more time to perfect the scene, ergo more than one filming day. Finding out the days the actor is free, avoids absence or unavailability which stops us from continuing with the making of the video. It's important that we, as directors have clear communication with the actors and actresses as it helps the filming process flow better, thus making it more efficient for those involved.

Why do you want to fulfil this role in our music video?

I would like to star in your music video because I have wanted to star in a music video for a while but the right role has never came up! I regularly act and a chance to star in a music video would be a good edition to my CV and also get my name out there to the industry. The role is also challenging and I think I would be able to take it on very well.

What do you think you can bring, as the role of a drug dealer?

I'd love to bring elements of mystery to the video as after discussing the narrative and looking at the videos treatment sheet, I am aware that although my role is a vital part and starts the narrative off the audience will not see my face.

Would you say you are adaptable to an array of situations, such as portraying a mystery man who's responsible for selling a young female drugs?

Yes. I am open to just about everything and am aware if I want to get anywhere in this industry I have to keep an open mind. I have taken on similar serious roles before but in stage performances and short films. I study performing arts full time in college and have been acting for as long as I can remember.

What can you bring to the role which other candidates can't?

I like to think of myself as a professional. I understand music videos require a lot of planning and go through a lot of production. I would like to make the filming process as easy as possible by providing a positive atmosphere on set.

Since our song is by The 1975, what is your opinion on our concept?

I think that the concept for the video is a very strong one that we don't see much of. Although the storyline can be a tough one to project through a 3 minute music video, I think that the narrative will show it perfectly. I haven't heard or seen many of The 1975's existing music videos but I can definitely see the band doing a video like this from what I have watched before applying for the role.
Based on the interview, we decided to select Roy as the role of the drug dealer as we believe he is a very good fit and can portray the role very well. Also, since he is interested in a career in performing arts, not only is this a good thing for our music video but can also add to his experience which could hopefully help him in the future! We emailed him informing him of the news as well as information for when we would contact him further regarding when we were filming.

No comments:

Post a Comment